SERVICES PROVIDED: Primarily, my clients include writers of poetry who have full-length manuscripts (~9,000 words) or chapbook-length manuscripts (~3,000 words) that would benefit from an expert’s advice on how to prepare it for publication. On a case-by-case basis, I can also be available to fiction and nonfiction writers, including scientists and researchers. My rate is $60 per hour. The average project will take been 5 hours and 18 hours to complete, depending on your needs.
Borrow The Body’s Physics from libraries across the North America.
[click “library loans” for more info]
“Art imitates. So art also, naturally, imitates art. How could it be otherwise? The second cave painting must have emulated the first, and the second story ever told was a sequel. We crave more—and more from—what delights us. So when poetry crosses the boundaries of genre and takes as its subject another work, a visual work, we are in the realm of ekphrasis.” — Gregory Loselle
[click “reviews” for more info]
CONSTELLATION OF THE OPEN HEART
– after the painting by Kathleen Morris
The woman mid-canvas / her legs crossed Yogi style.
Her hands in prayer at her chest. / The title tells you what to look for:
her open heart bursting, exploding life, / similar to science in its acclaim of parts.
Her torso’s covered by what comes from heart. / The heart once solid in its red beating chamber,
the deoxygenated blood seeking its O2, / and the oxygenated blood leaving for port.
Now, all that remains of this heart is / its openness, that elusive, floating contagion.
[click “sample poems” for more info]
Tebot Bach (CA) – The Body’s Physics
Small Press Distribution (CA) – Coördinates of Yes
Small Press Distribution (CA) – The Body’s Physics
West House Books (UK) – Coördinates of Yes
[Click “purchase” for more info.]
“I love the art form of compression. I’m really interested in saying a lot in very few words; it’s one of the reasons I was drawn to poetry,” said Baugher.
[click “print & radio interviews” for more info]
• A Dank Seattle Sunday, Winter; After Adam Mentions Divorce, Lilith Speaks;
• Beheadings; Between Walls; Blue Absence of Space
• Comets Fall; Eiffel Tower: View of Paris
• Guernica; Hotel Room, 1931; Jan Fabre’s Asian Jewel Beetles
• Love as a Study of Energy and Matter
• Meditation on Solitude; On the Days When the Rest Have Failed You…
• Parts per Million, a Sonnet; Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
• Rinsing East; Salt Marshes; The Counselor Insists That Any Two People…
• The Day After; The Wounded Poacher; Woman at her Toilet, 1661-65
[click “poems online” for more info]